This page may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
All About The THROAT Chakra- Your Truth Center
The THROAT CHAKRA
- Location: Throat and Neck Area
- Main Focus: Communication, Self-expression, Truth
- Main Color: Light Blue
When our throat chakra is healthy and balanced we have absolutely no issues with speaking our truth. It is easy for us to be ourselves and we have no qualms about being open and honest with those around us. We are creative and confident in all that we do, and we aren’t afraid to go for what we truly desire. It’s easy for us to tell people our true feelings and we have no issues with communication.
Right now, we seem to be having a collective healing of throat chakras since many people are starting to speak their own truth. Many of us are dealing with censorship on social media from people trying to silence us but most people are standing above that and refusing to shut up! More and more people are finding their own voice in these times as well, which helps others to open up too.
Common symptoms of an imbalanced throat chakra:
- chronic sore throat or swollen lymph nodes (with no other explanation), or a tendency to have issues with your sinuses, throat, or respiratory system
- pain in the neck and shoulders
- jaw clenching
- thyroid problems
- difficulty with expressing your feelings and thoughts
- you feel like you have to argue with everyone to get them to think the same way you do
- you worry about what people will think if you share your feelings and opinions
- you keep a lot of secrets
- you are very shy and struggle to communicate with others
- you cannot do public speaking at all
- your voice is strained, cracked, or you cannot talk for long periods of time without feeling tired
- you used to be able to sing well but struggle with it now
Supporting the Throat Chakra
- Crystals: Angelite, Lapis Lazuli, Blue Kyanite, Sodalite, Celestite, Blue Lace Agate, Aquamarine, Larimar, Blue Calcite, Fluorite
- Foods: Blue foods like blueberries and blackberries; apples, lemons, peaches, plums, figs, currants; sage, thyme, raspberry leaf
- Actions: Learning how to trust yourself and speaking your truth are essential steps to heal your throat chakra. Humming, gargling, and singing are helpful too. Find mantras that speak to you: “I am comfortable speaking my truth.” Massage. Learn how to truly listen to others. Laugh more. Allow yourself to express your emotions. Work on releasing stuck emotions.